In 1945, Pick Heaters developed and patented a unique concept of Direct Steam Injection Heating. The original approach has remained unaltered… keep it simple and self-stabilizing, minimize moving parts and make it completely reliable regardless of operating environment. It is this design philosophy that has Pick at the heart of heating for over 60 years in industries ranging from food to chemical and pharmaceutical processing, pulp and paper to power plants. All Pick Industrial Direct Steam Injection Heaters are approved in Canada, with CRN certification in all provinces. In addition, they are certified in the European Economic Community, CE 97/23 EC.
Why choose Pick for Direct Steam Injection?
- Energy Efficient – 100% heat transfer cuts fuel costs up to 28%
- Precise Temperature Control – to within 1°C or less for many systems
- Wide Operating Range – variable orifice injector provides unlimited turndown
- Low Noise Level – normally below 85 dba
- Low Liquid Pressure Drop – does not exceed 2PSI within normal flows
- Complete Mixing in Heater Body – no need for pipe lengths after heater
Pick Heaters has a worldwide network of qualified engineers along with its highly qualified factory staff to work with you to design a process heating system to meet your specific requirements.